Saturday, December 3, 2016

Back to Work

Well after a wonderful family vacation, we have returned refreshed and ready to get back to daily living here in Merauke.

For the first time anyone could remember, this past week MAF Indonesia stopped all operations across the country.  To gather all the technicians (pilots, mechanics & IT), for 4 days full of meetings and reports.  I'm not much of a meeting kind of guy so that part, well let's just leave it at that regarding how the meetings went.  My highlight for the week was the grand reunion with guys I had met at candidacy going back to 2010, others I had gone through A&P, pre-field training with and language studies.  I was starting to get into bit of a low as far why were we here, what makes us different, etc.  Departing this morning to come home I'm thankful for the renewed vision and excitement for why were are here and what make us different.  As we head into December which will be a very busy month of flying I'm looking forward to the privilege and opportunities that my Maker in Heaven will put before me to serve, reflect His Light and show His Love to those I interact with in days to come.

Blessings
Greg


1 comment:

  1. I think many find it hard to figure out or remember who we are and why we are here, or there. I commend the five of you for stepping out in faith and continuing to serve. If we don't strive to move forward we slide backward, don't ask me how I know. BUT, God is not dead, Jesus lives on, the Holy Spirit and the Bible are here with us. Wishing you a late Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Stay safe. Greg P

    ReplyDelete