Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Donating Skin to the Road (Warning Pictures NOT of my good side)

Some of you maybe already aware from FB that I had a mishap with JR (my motorcycle) the other day.  I can say that I'm very thankful that this experience of mine was one that I did not share with any of my family members.  JR came away with some minor cosmetic damage and some damage that I will need to repair before any more long rides.  The cosmetic damage will remain as added character and a reminder that I'm not invincible.  Not that I thought I was invincible but it is easy to take things for granted.  Unfortunately I really have no idea how the other fellow fared in the collision.  I was too dazed to wrap my head around what I should say and how to make sure he was okay and that everything was okay on his end.  I think the few words I did speak were likely English which may have confused him as well, which might have made the situation end quicker. I don't remember what I said or if what I said would have made any sense to the young fellow.  Anyway he drove off and so I continued home were the pain and shock set in for an hour or so after I arrived home.  No broken bones to my knowledge just some bruises and 4 spots of road rash along the right side of my body ranging from my toes to my shoulder.  There are things that I could complain about but truthfully I'm so thankful that this experience happened on my way home from downtown not on the way home from the beach.  I'm also very thankful that no one was seriously hurt and that the bikes can be repaired without to much expense.  I'm also very thankful that the young man didn't want to take me to the cleaners because I'm a foreigner.  God is good even when things get difficult God is still good and faithful.  I added a couple pictures but just be warned there are a couple of my road rash.  Thank you for your continued prayers and support as we consider it a great honor and privilege to serve here in Indonesia.



Broken signal light, twisted handle bars, bent foot peg, front fender and tire don't line up, broken front headlight housing, licence plate already fixed before the picture it was nicely wrapped around the headlight before and some scratched up plastic.  The gas tank came away untouched and no damage to the back of the bike the mirrors survived which surprised me.  Heading today to get it fixed up the only thing that concerns me is the front fender and tire situation everything else is easily repairable.




No comments:

Post a Comment