Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Love

I think that the word love is very powerful, but when you put that small four letter word into action you can move mountains. This is something that God has been really showing me (Julie) as I walk and drive through the streets here in Indonesia. One of the first things that they will teach you here about the cultural is that the people are very social and love talking with you. Actually, if you just nod your head in acknowledgement their whole face will light up just by that small act. And if they feel that you really are interested in them we have noticed that sometimes it feels like they want to cling to you.
Then God reminded me of a very important verse the other day from the book of Ephesians 5:1-2. "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."  Really it is a very simple verse with simple commands but I think it is something that gets lost along the way with my busy life here. My hearts prayer is that as I walk through these streets here in Indonesia or where God leads me that I will be imitating His love towards the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment